As a Freshman I was involved in the Residence Hall Leadership Council where I was the Publicity Coordinator. My council planned programs and events for the residents to attend and got to be apart of RHA! (Residence Hall Association)
RHA meant a lot to me and led me to this position. I got involved in Regional and National conferences Residence halls all of the world go to such as PACURH and NACURH. At these conferences I met a lot of new people from all sorts of places and got to go to meetings where other schools would share their ideas on programs and what to do in halls or campus-wide. I had an AWESOME experience and am hoping to attend NACURH this next year just depends on how it all goes!
In my hall last year i learned about what RA's job's were and how we were able to become one. I talked to my RA's about it and when it came time to apply I got in the Hiring pool. Some people got hired for this year 2013-14 right away but I didn't. I didn't give up and sure enough I received a letter saying i will be an RA in Kamola Hall!
Over the summer we got newsletters on how to get ready to come back to school and get ready for 2 weeks of training before the residents move in. Along with choosing our hall theme! Our fall hall theme became "90's theme"
No comments:
Post a Comment